S-FC0015 - Advanced Lux GAAP: Mastering the fundamentals
All professionals looking for a training that provides a working knowledge of accounting and F/S under Lux GAAP.
Give a comprehensive
review of Lux GAAP, based on a detailed analysis of its local sources. The
purpose is to deal more efficiently with a principle-based set of
accounting rules where a detailed guidance is not easily accessible (legal
commentaries being in French only) and where certain items are
Comprehensive study of the classic Lux GAAP (with illustrative examples):
- The real meaning of "Lux GAAP".
- The legal framework, i.e. accessing and understanding:
- commercial law ("Code de Commerce");
- company law;
- the current amended version of the applicable laws and grand-ducal
regulations on the annual accounts and on the consolidated annual accounts;
- regulations on the Standard Chart of Accounts ("Plan comptable
normalisé") and on the electronic filing of the annual accounts.
The alternative use of the IFRS or of the "Lux GAAP at fair value"(legal
The use of other GAAP in Luxembourg (legal departure).
- the balance sheet and its components;
- the profit and loss account and its components;
- the other statements (legal options).
A course session is available in French (with the same course material in English).